Monday, May 3, 2010

A Cat Of One's Own.

So everyone one seems pretty excited about some kind of hockey hullabaloo lately. Maybe we're headed toward the playoffs? Maybe we're working toward the Stanley Cup? I don't know, and I'm certainly not about to head to the nearest sports bar to find out. No, if I'M going to watch hockey, it's going to be with someone who will patiently explain every single detail of the game to me, and answer every question I have.

On another note, it's day 3 of the Great Cat-Sitting Adventure, and I'm ready to shoot myself in the head. In fact, someone may have done it for me when I wasn't looking, because I have had a headache for a few hours now. It's not that I don't love the cat. I do. I love it. What I DON'T love is the following 5-7:30 in the morning routine she has established.

Step 1) Yowl as though dying.

Step 2) Come upstairs to person who is calling her, and receive petting and general comforting.

Step 3) As soon as person is back asleep, go downstairs and start yowling again.

I was almost late for work this morning, this new routine has left me so disoriented! Almost, but not quite. Oh well, it'll be fine, we'll get through it together, lucky thing I love cats so! If only I could feel this way about every person in the world....

No comments:

Post a Comment