Friday, September 23, 2011

Friday

So turns out I need to take it easy on the old sun exposure. We were out for dinner last night at the Green Goddess (of course I forgot to take my camera), and everything was fine until I suddenly felt too ill to go on. Like, I can't eat anymore, not because I'm full, but because I'm sick. And the food was fabulous! Fabulous, healthy, vegetarian food and I couldn't eat any more. In my defense, we HAD ordered too much food. We got the 5 course tasting menu to share, plus 2 other appetizers, and I mean, I just can't eat that much! And of course we never get anything to go, mostly because we have no fridge in the hotel. So anyway, I figure it was too much sun and sweltering during the day with not enough drinking of water, so today has been all drinking water and eating healthy and sleeping enough and the like.

Still in love with NOLA; I even saw my bus driver friend again today, it's like Cheers, but on a bus. And with no alcohol. Also, I decided to go to a yoga class today. So I found one on Magazine (of course, my favourite street). And then after the class, I found this flyer for a place that makes fresh veggie juice! The thing I haven't been able to obtain in NOLA so far! (Even at Whole Foods) So I was asking people how to get to it and this one very nice girl offered to drive me there. So she drove me there, and we did the bonding, and then I went inside and they were out of tons of ingredients, and the only guy working there was really slow (in fact I highly suspect he was very high), but I managed to get both a juice and a smoothie (in honour of my crazy healthy day). Then I met this other very nice girl in the lineup (we got to chatting since the guy was taking so long). I was asking her how to get back to Magazine, and was it safe to walk back there, since I hear so many stories of unsafe neighbourhoods. Anyway, she said it was fine, but that I could wait for a bus, which only goes every half hour, if I felt it was safer. So that's what I did, I waited for the bus, and man I was just on ALERT the whole time. Looking around, being very aware that every single person who passed by in their car was staring at me, politely rejecting one kind man's called out offer to drive me there himself. I really felt like prey, like I was somehow lower on the food chain having to be in such a high state of anxiety almost every time I wait for a bus. And it doesn't help with the buses only running every half hour. But I'm sorry $3 for a day pass is just a way better deal than taking taxis everywhere! So anyway I made it to Magazine, then started feeling heat stroke-ish again, so decided to make myself go right home to rest. So of course when I got almost home I decided I had to stop at this vegan-friendly cafe I went to once before, so I start walking towards it when I was intercepted by a friendly young black man named Frank, who was looking for a beautiful girl to call his own. But I had to break his heart by telling him I had a boyfriend, and that was the very end of our very short conversation and he turned around and walked the other way. I guess it just wasn't meant to be...

So now I'm back at the hotel and have decided to have a swedish massage, because I'm worth it, and it's in a few mins, so ta ta.....


No comments:

Post a Comment