Tuesday, September 20, 2011

NOLA part 2

Well, I ventured out and here I still am! I never thought I would actually be proud of myself at the end of a day for not being raped mugged or murdered... But I am. I went all the way to Whole Foods on Magazine St., and passed many adorable shops along the way, a few of which I mosied into, before wrenching myself away and forcing myself to stand at the bus stop so as to get home on time and also to stop spending money.



For all the fear that was instilled in me about how dangerous nola is, I met quite a few very friendly people. It's very very warm here during the day, but tends to have just about enough breeziness to make it bearable. I say just about enough because there were definitely a few moments when I thought I was going to melt into a puddle. I also popped into Cafe Carmo, which is only an 8 minute walk from my hotel, and where they have vegan ham and vegan pulled pork! I'm impressed. I knew nola must be more health-conscious than a lot of people give it credit for, and I was right. That's all for now.



No comments:

Post a Comment